"I like to be a free spirit. Some don't like that, but that's the way I am." - Princess Diana

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Greatness.


 Autor's Note: This is my patriot's pen piece. It shows what I would say if I could talk to the founding fathers.


America was never a perfect country. We have had our flaws in the past and sometimes we make those same mistakes again but, we can only learn from them. All we can do as people is try to improve this country as much as we can. Our founding fathers did make some mistakes, but they lead this country onto greatness.

Freedom. In the Declaration of Independence it states that America is a free country. That the people who live in it have freedom and are free from the British Empire. Why does that exclude the right African-Americans and women? We’re all people; some are not superior to others. So why did our founding fathers exclude them from having everything that a white male has? This is one very important topic I would bring up with our founding fathers, if I had the honor to talk to them, face to face.

One of the biggest mistakes that this country did was let slavery happen. Slavery was harsh, cruel, and went on for way to long. Why did it matter what the color of your skin was? If I could sit down and talk to our founding fathers I would tell them that all man was created equal and that no one is more superior to others. That nobody on the earth should be a slave to another. I believe that this was just wrong.

Women’s rights. Do you know what year women got the right to vote? 1920. It was approximately 144 years after the Declaration of Independence was signed. If I get the chance to speak with the men who started our country, I would let them know that women are Americans too. Women are just as equal to men and should have the right to vote, have a great education, and be able to have the same freedom as men do. Granted; I believe that this country would be so different if we had women having the same rights as men, starting in the beginning.

Even though we did make some mistakes in the past, our founding fathers were all great men with great futures for this country. They knew that this country would have an amazing future in store due to them and I just have to thank you. The greatness that this country has the honor to be bestowed with is all due to our Founding Fathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment