"I like to be a free spirit. Some don't like that, but that's the way I am." - Princess Diana

Thursday, January 24, 2013

"Pack a Suitcase, Wander To The Next Town....."

Author's Note: Have you ever wanted to know the feeling of running away? Not like away from your parents as a kid because they didn't let you eat the last cookie, but away from your fears and your life full of misery. Ellie Goulding is one of my favorite singers and she explains so much in this song about living your own life and following your dreams. She inspired me to base this piece off of her song, "I'll Hold My Breath".This is my point of view paper. I know it is a little bit shorter then my normal pieces but please do enjoy.:) 

Fight fires in your best clothes,
Touch skin with your eyes closed
Chase thunder with the volume down
Pack a suitcase, wander to the next town
Force quit on your losing streak
Solve a riddle in a magazine, be tongue in cheek
Tell me that we're still too young,
That we're still too young and I'll hold my tongue
                                                                                               
Until you see me in your dreams
We'll stay awake beneath the trees
We'll watch the buildings turn to dust
A sky of diamonds just for us
You are the risk I'll always take
The only branch I'll never break
Those fears we'll blow them all away, we'll blow them all away”- Ellie Goulding “I’ll Hold My Breath”

Take a risk with me. As you live your life, remember that you’re not young forever.Take chances and explore with me. Grab my hand and we’ll live like there is no tomorrow. Why not? We’re young, creative, bold, and so lively. That world is out there for us to be in. Learn from my courage and you will have some yourself. Put the same trust in me as I put in you. Just lean forward and let go. This world is open for us and we should take advantage of the beauteous it beholds.

I have watched you live in fear, in angst your whole life. Neither of us can bear to see you in so much pain, worry. Don’t be afraid, my friend. Come with me and I will show you all of the wonders that are right in front of your eyes. Let your dreams be your realities of tomorrow. You do have dreams, don’t you? Dreams where it’s just you and me,  while watching all of our fears  wash away behind us. Dreams that your life will be better than it is today. You just wait and see.

Life doesn’t have to be so scary! I know you have so much to be scared about, but it is all unnecessary fear. This world is fun and exciting, crazy while being serious. There is so much you haven’t seen that I can show you. Pack a suitcase, catch that flight, find the last train to Paris and take it. As long as I’m with you, everything will be alright.

This mighty world is open for us to explore, let’s take advantage of it. Our souls are earning for this freedom because, we’re not going to be young forever. Live life while you can and do not be afraid, I am with you. As you take my hand, these risks will be taken together and we will be unstoppable. Let the wind take your fears and let your hand fall into mine.


(image:http://blog.egocloset.com/2012/06/)
(song lyrics: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/elliegoulding/illholdmybreath.html)

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you liked Elli haha I love her music. Anyways this piece is really really good! I love what you did with your author's note and I thought you interpreted the song and wrote down how if made you interpreted perfectly. Keep up the good work Mada! Love you:)

    ReplyDelete